|My client currently have a requirement for a Cost Manager. This position is permanent, with excellent career progression opportunities and longevity. Based in Dublin.
- Effective management of the commercial entity of multiple projects.
- Solid experience of Contractual Management.
- Coordination and validation of project plans (detailing tasks, milestones, resources and costs).
- Assist the Senior Cost Manager in the Production of adequate and appropriate protections in all project contracts (such as performance bonds, penalty clauses, warranties and insurances) so that they can be put in place to protect the company.
- Provide strategic support to the Capital Projects Senior Cost Manager in the delivery of the Capital Projects.
- Assist in defining the appropriate organisation and resource requirements to deliver projects (both internal and external).
- Contribute to the management of the Risk Management Process.
- Manage, monitor and report on project plans to ensure successful completion of projects on time and within budget.
- Coordinate the implementation of a team culture within each project.
- Coordinate capital projects spread through from the conceptual stage to final implementation.
- Manage external service suppliers including contractors and providers of professional services.
- Ensure the aims of the project are met on time and within budget.
- Engage and monitor specialists and sub-contractors.
- Effective management as part of a team to monitor, control and manage the commercial aspect of all projects.
- Ensure Tender processes are designed and implemented to best deliver the project objectives.
- Project accounts are prepared and maintained at all stages of a project with particular focus on cost completion and variances.
Education and Skills
- Third level qualification and extensive experience in the Cost management of Heavy Civil Engineering contracts.
- Graduating towards membership of a relevant professional or chartered body (SCSI / RICS) or an equivalent organisation.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Project Cost Management.
- Proven experience in successful & effective commercial delivery of capital projects to the value of 10-20M.
- Experience in MS Project or similar planning software/programming/planning/scheduling tools.
- Ability to assist the coordination & management of the commercial entity of projects across a range of engineering disciplines including marine, civil, mechanical and electrical.
- Ability to assist in the preparation of clear and concise reports for Programme Manager inclusion in Board Papers.
- Contract administration of lower tier suppliers and subcontractors including general correspondence.
- Critical analysis and assessment of variation claims and delay claims.
- Ability to assist with Value Engineering options cost analysis programme.
Should you have the required background and skills required for this role, please contact Sarah Doyle for further information on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 661 0444.
Please submit your CV in Microsoft Word format.