Job detail view & apply
|Building Staff Solutions,
Merchants Quay, Dublin 8
Tel: 01 7071012
Entered: 23 July 2018
|Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are seeking applications for the position of a Commercial Manager in North Dublin (Swords) for a Specialist Construction Contractor. Our client is a leading Specialist Contractors with a history of completing innovative and award winning designed projects to the highest of standards. They are looking for an experienced Commercial Manager with a view to joining the board at a later date.
What is required
* Report on the financial performance of Contracts on a monthly basis using the existing cost control reporting system.
* Continually seek to improve our systems and procedures as they relate to your department.
* Embrace Lean Manufacturing technique as they apply to your area.
* Prepare and review monthly cost reports for current projects.
* Liaise with Finance Director on cost overruns as they impact the budgeted mark-up on contracts.
* Review costs regularly with Project Managers and report on discrepancies.
* Review contractual arrangements between Contractor and Main Contractors / Clients.
* Create an early warning system for problematic projects and report feedback to Estimating to close the loop.
* Prepare and submit interim payment applications for on-going projects.
* Prepare and submit change orders and variations to on-going projects.
* Attend site to review progress and agree monthly valuations with M.C. Quantity Surveyors.
* Negotiate and agree final accounts with Main Contractors / Clients.
* Where necessary, prepare extension of time claims and any other contractual claims.
* Ensure the accuracy of the monthly payment applications of the Surveying Department, including the supervision of the work of other QSs.
* Ensure that monthly payment applications are presented in a timely manner, since the timing of valuations has a critical impact on cash flow.
* Be responsible for the output of the Surveying department.
* In co-operation with the Contracts Manager appoint installation sub-contractors and other key sub-contractors.
* Assess sub-contractor payment applications and certify payments, and when not personally certifying work, supervising the work of others.
* Pre-tender and post-tender discussions with clients and professional teams
* Resolve contractual issues with Clients, Design Teams, Main Contractors and Subcontractors
* Attend project meetings and identify potential variations and revenue-generating opportunities
* Assist Estimating with detailed measurements, take-offs and contractual matters, where necessary
What you need to have
* Proven track record in Quantity Surveying and commercial management
* The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 10 years' experience in built environment construction and hold a quantity surveying honours degree from a recognised third level institution
* They must have strong commercial management ability/awareness, client liaison skills, project management expertise, proficiency in team leadership and a talent for negotiation
* They must also have experience in multiple forms of contract
What you get in return
* Excellent working environment
* Competitive package in line with experience
* Excellent exposure to leading projects in Ireland and some in the UK in a fast paced environment
* Directorship as the role develops and progresses for the successful candidate
If you are interested in this role, Please click apply or contact Michael on 01 707 1012 today
|Apply using your CV:|