Our client is a leading Irish commercial roofing and cladding contracting company specialising in industrial, commercial and refurbishment roofing and cladding works.
They are now looking for a Contracts Manager to join them on a permanent basis to be based out of Wicklow. The role of the Contracts Manager is to ensure that all enquiries are priced in a timely manner and to agreed margins defined by the Company. Once a job has been won then it is requirement that the project is appropriately staffed, managed and completed on time, within budget and to quality levels set out by both the client and Company. It is also the responsibility of the Contracts Manager to set and uphold appropriate Health & Safety standards as set out by the company of both direct staff and Sub-Contractors.
Key Functions & Results Areas (Key Activities):
- Tender for roofing projects to required margin levels based on Bills of Quantities, Drawings or Site Surveys.
- Produce budgets for all projects >€20k. Budget should include amount for labour, materials, plant and expected profit margin. Budget to include accurate monthly cash flow forecasts. Forecasts should be updated if there is any change to project programme.
- Negotiate best prices with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure projects comes in on or better than budget.
- Produce project programmes and update as necessary during project.
- Procurement of all materials to suit project programme.
- Prepare method statements, risk assessments and safety statements for each project.
- Formulate and implement site inspection practices to safeguard good quality installation and finished product. This will include quality assurance plans and Inspection reports regimes.
- Attend design and coordination meetings.
- Produce interim and final accounts.
- Ensuring project runs smoothly from inception to completion in accordance with budgets and deadlines.
- Report regularly to the General Manager on project progress and matters of Health & Safety.
- Certify works completed by subcontractors.
- Ensuring contract correspondence is being responded to quickly and contractually
- Coordinate and manage the site supervision team on contracts to ensure that Health and Safety, quality, programme and cost controls are being implemented.
- Liaise with suppliers on delivery of materials and ensure quality checks are being implemented on-site.
- Safeguard the Company’s position by ensuring relevant site events are recorded and reported in writing to the Main Contractor/Client quickly and contractually. This should include daily site diaries and photographic records.
- Ensure all works on site are undertaken in accordance with safe working practices and current Health and Safety legislation, be constantly vigilant to any actual or potential hazards, and encourage such vigilance among all site personnel
- Maintain a good working relationship with both operatives and the Main Contractor/Client
- Set an example of the Company’s professional image at all levels of contact, and ensure similar conduct from subcontractors and supervisors.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the directors, management or consultants appointed by the directors
The client are offering a competitive package commensurate with experience.
For additional information on this particular role and a confidential discussion about similar opportunities, please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Walsh on: 0044 208 861 7847 / 0044 7793 248 204 or e-mail your CV in the strictest confidence through the link provided.