Job detail view & apply
11 Merrion Square,
Tel: +353 1 690 9724
Contracts Manager - West Dublin - Medium MC
Entered: 23 July 2018
Azon are working with a medium sized main building contractor who have an excellent reputation in the Irish market with a consistent turnover
This company has been operating in Ireland for over 30 years.
Job Summary + Purpose
They now require a Contracts Manager to join their team in the Dublin region. You will be reporting directly to the managing director and managing a number of projects.
The successful candidate will be a Contracts Manager coming from a main contractor or a strong Project Manager who is not getting the chance to progress to the next level.
* Experience in a similar role working for a large main contractor
* Experience in Project Management or Contracts Management.
* A degree in civil engineer or similar
* Attractive full comprehensive package on offer
Duties and responsibilities:
* Proposing suitable changes to design to improve saving, ease construction programme, enhance specification and quality on completion
* Taking projects from tender handover with commercial assessment of risk and opportunity
* Provision of advice and feedback as projects progress, to senior management
* Plan, maintain and control the financial administration of all construction work to obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness
* Understand and implement the requirements of the company Commercial Management
* Ensure effective procurement and supply chain management
* Be very commercially aware, ensuring that an efficient and effective change control system is in place
* Development of recovery strategies where necessary
* Implementation of effective means of controlling contractual documentation on the project
* Ensuring that the team prepare and maintain programmes and related records
* Actively participate in site project meeting and ensure that all commercial matters are discussed and problems investigated and resolved
Salary: Excellent salary plus very attractive package (car, pension, health, bonus). Could be some scope for negotiation.
We want to hear from you so please contact us whether you are actively looking or passively considering a new role.
You can call me, Stephen, for a confidential chat on 087700778=48 or click apply and forward on your CV
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland e.g. showing your employer a copy of your passport.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland. Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining Green Card Permits, Work Permits, Spousal/Dependent Permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website.
|Apply using your CV:|