|Our client is an established general contracting company who have over 25 years’ experience successfully completing complex and challenging construction projects throughout Ireland and the UK.
Due to a restructure of company operations our client is seeking an ambitious leader to take ownership of their portfolio throughout Dublin and the Leinster region.
- Take ownership of project portfolio and company performance in the Leinster region.
- Maintain Company standards and ensure the reputation of the Business is enhanced with clients and delivery partners.
- Act as the ‘face of the company”, both in the tender and delivery process.
- Take a lead role in the delivery of existing projects.
- Proactively manage any potential or actual risks to the project delivery to ensure that it achieves its targets around time, quality, safety, customer service and commercial value.
- Ensure all employees are working in accordance with the company Health & Safety strategy, ensuring rigorous Health & Safety plans are fully developed and in place for all operations.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture.
- Attend pre-planning, pre-tender and pre start meetings as necessary to ensure any issues are addressed prior to commencement of a project.
- Monitor and drive progress of projects and liaise with other departments to resolve any delays or issues identified.
- Undertake regular visits to sites to review progress of projects.
- Oversee the Business Development process, including tender/PQQ selection, suitability, submission, commercial review, risk management, pricing, and submission.
- Ensure work load is maintained and increased in a well-managed way and in accordance with the business unit business plans.
- Ensure commercial security of projects including full management of commercial and financial risks, from tender stage, through the project and on final accounts.
- Review sub contract and supplier performance.
- Perform other duties as required.
An excellent salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful person.
- Degree qualified.
- 10 + years working at Contracts Manager level or above with general contractors.
- Sound commercial and financial understanding.
- The ability to demonstrate skill and knowledge of managing costs and maximising value of contracts through efficiencies, and effective resource planning.
Apply now by sending your CV to Acrow Recruitment.