|Top Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of a leading Main Contractor who is a leading player in the Irish construction industry, involved in multiple business sectors including commercial, industrial, hotel, pharmaceutical and civils projects.
Due to continuous expansion based in an increased workload they are currently recruiting for the following..
Senior Contracts Manager – Building – Leinster €90-100k
Duties and responsibilities:
- Proposing suitable changes to design to improve saving, ease construction programme, enhance specification and quality on completion
- Taking projects from tender handover with commercial assessment of risk and opportunity
- Provision of advice and feedback as projects progress, to senior management
- Plan, maintain and control the financial administration of all construction work to obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness
- Understand and implement the requirements of the company Commercial Management
- Ensure effective procurement and supply chain management
- Be very commercially aware, ensuring that an efficient and effective change control system is in place
- Development of recovery strategies where necessary
- Implementation of effective means of controlling contractual documentation on the project
- Ensuring that the team prepare and maintain programmes and related records
- Actively participate in site project meeting and ensure that all commercial matters are discussed and problems investigated and resolved
Necessary skills and requirements:
- Third level qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Be used to working on projects €20m +.
- Have a proven track record of seeing projects through to their successful completion.
- Strong customers focus skills, with the ability to build relationships and networks with strategic stakeholders
- Have a sound knowledge of current construction techniques, build ability and value engineering concepts
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to demonstrate financial, commercial and business development acumen.
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Previous people management experience required.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level of quality
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
For further information with regard to the above role please contact James Walsh @ Top Recruitment
+353 (0)1 456 9578 / +353 (0)86 004 2205