|Since 1974 Linesight has provided professional consultancy services, management support and strategic advice to the global construction industry. From initial concept to project completion, we have been helping clients to build their business. We have developed long-lasting relationships with some of the biggest companies in the world, earning a reputation as a leader in our field.
Our organization is structured into a series of specialist service teams, each committed to helping our clients successfully achieve their objectives. We have deep domain knowledge and experience spanning a multitude of sectors including Commercial, Data Centers, Life Sciences, Healthcare, High-Tech Industrial, Hospitality, Education, Residential and Retail.
With staff located across Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the USA, our reach is truly global. Our permanent and long-established presence in these areas allows us to develop strategic partnerships, access local resources, formulate the most up-to-date market insights, and gain deep knowledge of each territory.
The Structural Design Manager will manage a major Linesight project in Bahrain in an effort to deliver the project on schedule, within budget and according to all reporting requirements. This role will focus on structural design reviews and on-site project management in relation to piling and structure works. The Structural Design Manager will liaise with the design team on a daily basis and ensure that their performance and service meets the client’s expectations. The successful candidate will report directly into Linesight’s Director of Project Management
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with the Senior Project Manager to establish the design production schedule to match the client’s requirements within the overall project schedule
- Meet with relevant consultants and agree clear set of deliverables as per their contract agreements / design briefs and the associated dates of delivery
- Break the project down into stages of design (if appropriate) and agree with all members of the design team a milestone for each of those stages and activities.
- Coordinate and manage all decisions and queries associated with the various design stages
- Attend meetings with the client (as required) to report on progress, project status and highlight any issues
- Issue design review reports to the client outlining progress, highlighting any particular concerns, risks and any decisions required and the dates of receipt for such decisions
- Liaise with the client’s cost manager and obtain cost estimates for any particular aspects of design, so that the client can make fully informed decisions
- Overview activities of all structure-related design services to ensure a full, complete and comprehensive suite of design packages are provided to meet schedule and quality requirements
- Coordinate regular ‘Scope and Gap Reviews’ with the design team to ensure to review that the scopes of works are up to date and reflect current client and project requirements, that the design consultants are meeting the requirements of agreed briefs, that the ‘gaps’ which may exist between scopes of work and actual design documents of any of the design consultants are brought to the attention of the client for a decision and that the quality requirements of the client are being met
- Implement and coordinate ‘buildability reviews’ for all design works
- Represent, at all times, the best interests of the client and the project work as part of the Project Management team to ensure that the client is able to make fully informed design-related decisions following design manager review
- Chair and minute all project meetings where relevant as established by the PEP, including regular meetings, risk workshops, value engineering workshops and schedule reviews
- Monitor project schedule and report on exceptions to plan
- Report on a weekly and monthly basis to the client on the key project parameters
Desired Experience and Education
- 12+ years’ experience
- Qualification in structural engineering (essential)
- Experience in hospitality, residential and retail sectors of the construction industry
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines and produce high quality work under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Drive, initiative, resourcefulness
- The ideal candidate will be results driven, self-motivated and resourceful with excellent client relationship skills