We are currently recruiting an Estimator on behalf of one of Irelands leading Design and Build fit-out contractors.
- Check and acknowledge tender documents and amendments.
- Abstract information into subcontract and material packages.
- Select subcontract and material suppliers.
- Organise copy of tender documents and amendments for appropriate parties.
- Ensure tendering processes are fully implemented.
- Arrange pricing document production – internal or external – if required.
- Enter pricing document onto estimating system.
- Rate up pricing document.
- Answering queries from subcontractors/suppliers.
- Liaise with Client/Design Team during tender process and arrange meeting if required.
- Identify scope for design alternatives and value engineering, discussing with appropriate bid team members.
- Appraise sub-contractor/supplier quotations.
- Price up Prelims, in conjunction with Senior Estimator / Construction Manager
- Finalise ‘Tender Summary Sheet’ prior to Adjudication Meeting.
- Attend Adjudication Meeting and present tender.
- Prepare information packages for handover to construction team, if successful.
- Attend handover meeting and brief team on tender bid.
- Identification of project related risks.
Salary and benefits are negotiable based on experience and expectations.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as an Estimator
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Advanced IT Skills