COMPETITION TIME!! To celebrate O’Neill & Brennan launching their Construction Jobs Mobile App on August 1st, we are giving away an iPad 2! To enter, all you need to do is click on the link below and support the launch. The winner will be selected at random on August 1st at 1pm and will be announced on social media. Enter the Competition Here.
Our client is currently recruiting a Environmental Health and Safety/Quality Officer for their head office based in North Dublin.
- Implement the OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 systems
- Conducting in house training necessary for staff to comply with above
- Control the day to day operation of these systems once in place
- Ensure compliance with all EHS legislation
- Preparation of Job Specific Safety Plans
- Notifications to HSA
- Preparation of Method Statements
- Preparation of Risk Assessments
- Work Permit Applications
- Site Visits / Inspections / Audits
- Subcontractor Safety Info Review
- Induction Talks
- Toolbox Talks
- Compilation of Safety Files and control of documentation for BCMS system
- Employee Safety Training Review
- Control of First Aid / PPE Stocks
- Control of Equipment - engraving, recording, inspecting
- Control of relevant Inspections: Teleporter, Harnesses, Fire Extinguishers, Vehicles etc
- Attendance at and reporting at site meetings where relevant.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with some elements of ISO 9001 Quality procedures.
- Preparation / compilation of various elements of Pre-Qualification packages.
- Other various Miscellaneous duties as requested by H&S Director
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Relevant third level H&S Qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in H&S in Construction, ideally with Main Contractor
- Be knowledgeable of standards above and capable of implementing them from scratch with some direction from H&S Director.
- Knowledgeable of BCAR requirements involved in preparing Job Safety Files / Handover Documentation
- Excellent verbal and written English with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels within the Company
- Have a high level of competency and accuracy in writing and maintaining clear and professional documentation
- Highly Computer Literate. Auto CAD skills would be an advantage
- Possess strong planning, organisational and team work skills
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Should be honest, flexible, hardworking, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- The role would suit an enthusiastic, hardworking, hands on and motivated individual.
Please send your cv to Zanine at email@example.com call 01-4569899 for a confidential conversation.