What is required?
At BSS we are looking for ambitious, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with a proven track record in a Safety role with a Main Contractor to join our client’s team.
- Ensure compliance with all EHS legislation
- Preparation of Job Specific Safety Plans
- Notifications (AF2) to HSA
- Preparation of Method Statements
- Preparation of Risk Assessments
- Work Permit Applications
- Site Visits / Inspections / Audits
- Subcontractor Safety Reviews
- Induction Talks
- Toolbox Talks
- Compilation of Safety Files and control of documentation for BCMS system
- Employee Safety Training Reviews
- Organising appropriate external employee safety training
- Control of First Aid / PPE Stocks
- Control of Equipment - engraving, recording, inspecting. Managing Hilti “On track”
- Asset Management system.
- Control of relevant Inspections: Teleporter, Harnesses, Fire Extinguishers, Vehicles etc
- Attendance at and reporting at site meetings where relevant.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with some elements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality procedures.
- Preparation / compilation of various elements of Pre-Qualification packages.
- Other various Miscellaneous duties as requested by H&S Director
- Environmental and Health & Safety Medium Term Goals
- Analyse, review, and update our current procedures and policies
- Increase employee engagement with Health and Safety Systems through internal training
- Implement the ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 systems
- Conduct in house training necessary for staff to comply with above
- Control the day to day operation of these systems once in place
What you need to have?
- Full Clean Driving Licence & Own Transport
- Relevant third level H&S Qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in H&S in Construction, ideally with Main Contractor
- Be knowledgeable of standards above and capable of implementing them from scratch with some direction from H&S Director.
- Knowledgeable of BCAR requirements involved in preparing Job Safety Files /
- Handover Documentation
- Excellent verbal and written English with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels within the Company
- Have a high level of competency and accuracy in writing and maintaining clear and
- professional documentation
- Highly Computer Literate. Auto CAD skills would be an advantage
- Possess strong planning, organisational and team work skills
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Should be honest, flexible, hardworking, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- The role would suit an enthusiastic, hardworking, hands on and motivated individual.
What you get in return?
- A wide variety of experience
- Permanent Full-time role
- Career progression within a structured team environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Great place to work
If you would like to know more, give Michael a call on 017071012 to discuss in complete confidence.