Top Recruitment are working with a longstanding, privately owned main contractor who have been to the forefront of construction in Ireland for the last 50 years.
The company operates successfully in an all-encompassing range of sectors and delivers this through a well-supported and close knit team.
The company is looking for a Senior Planner for a permanent position to support the management team with the planning and programming of the design, procurement and construction activities associated with the works.
To lead the programme and planning management for the team in the preconstruction and construction phases. To develop regular reports to feedback on progress and performance on a weekly and monthly basis.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
Programme development & control
Reporting, progress and as built information
- Lead in the development of the baseline contract programme, covering all aspects of design, procurement, construction, commissioning and handover. All elements to be fully logic linked and have a critical path.
- Prepare a tender event programme for the procurement of subcontractors incorporating design release and lead in activities.
- Maintain electronic files and administration of planning and programme documents to facilitate retrieval as required. Utilising the common data environment (CDE).
- To review risk and opportunities for every programme produced and highlight potential mitigation measures in the programme, including float and time risk allowances.
- To engage with the supply chain to develop the project programme with regards to design, lead-in’s, construction periods, plant & labour requirements.
- Develop tracking schedules as required to maintain information and control the production of programmes by the subcontractors.
- Produce validated output rates with appropriate clarifications to track live progress on projects, as well as feedback into the pre-construction department to inform new tenders.
- Undertake proactive peer reviews of other planner’s programmes to ensure consistency and continuity within the planning department.
- To report back to the Regional Planner in relation to the current programme position on all projects they are working on a weekly / monthly basis. To regular review programmes, outputs and phasing with the Regional Planner.
- To lead and coordinate with others in the duties under planning and programme management in the preconstruction process & onsite.
- Check the quality of the production of planning and programme documents generally under their control, including the site teams and assistant planners.
- Certification for use of planning and programme software, preferably Asta Powerproject
- Successful track record of working with clients, contractors and other stakeholders on live construction projects.
- Extensive knowledge of UK and EU legal framework, in particular contract management.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry best practice.
- Relevant Degree or diploma - Qualifications in Construction
The ideal candidate will have the following Training/ Qualifications;
- Advanced Asta Powerproject Training – Progress Analysis & S-curve reporting. Managing costs & resources.
- Contract awareness – Understanding JCT and NEC forms of contract.
- Presentation Techniques Training - Basic BIM training and understanding of the common data environment.
- Synchro Training - Advanced training is required to be able to use the software to its full potential.
- CPD Generally – Attend at least 6 events per year on construction techniques and best practice.
Negotiable, depending on experience.
Contact: James Walsh, Phone: 01 4900333, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org