Job detail view & apply
|Building Staff Solutions,
Merchants Quay, Dublin 8
Tel: 01 7071012
Fit-Out Project Assistant Manager
|Location: Dublin City Centre
Entered: 17 July 2018
|Salary: Eur50000 - Eur55000 per annum
|Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are seeking applications for the position of Fit-Out Project Assistant Manager in Dublin North. Our client is a successful Fit Out Contractor expanding their current team, an excellent opportunity for a professional to gain further career progression and experience.
What is required
Your Responsibilities will be to assist the Project Manager with the following
* Management of a project that will incorporate a number of 3rd parties including internal designers, external consultants, contractors, specialist suppliers, etc.
* Interaction with various project stakeholders including vendors, airport authority, partners, local authorities, internal project teams, management and staff.
* Management of the Design and Construction and Fit out processes.
* Establishing a Capex budget and the initial start-up budgets.
* Taking responsibility for the delivery of the Design and Construction and Fit out elements of a project to an agreed standard and within the time and budget constraints.
* Prequalification of External consultants and contractors.
* Preparation of briefs and RFP documents for the appointment of external consultants.
* Analysis of tender submissions, negotiations with 3rd parties and making recommendations/preparing board papers for management/board.
* Planning and determining the human and financial resources required for specific projects.
* Monitoring (and taking corrective action where required) of the project progress vis-à-vis programme
* Preparation of reports on a regular basis for management.
* Preparation and maintenance of project plans
* Presentations to Management/3rd Parties
* Working on RFP responses regarding New Business opportunities, including the inputs associated with design, financial, programming, resourcing, etc.
What you need to have
* Formal Qualification in Quantity Surveying or Build Surveying would be preferred.
* Formal Project Management Certification such as PRINCE or PMP would be preferred
* Project Management skills with a minimum of 3 years' experience working in retail projects.
* Experience in drafting and analysing budget estimates and BoQ's.
* Experience in reviewing and analysing tender returns.
* Experienced in negotiating with contractors and dealing with issues on site.
* Experience in an airport environment would be an advantage.
* A detailed understanding of the Architectural, Retail and interior design process.
* Ability to work on their own initiative.
* Must be skilled in using MS Project, Excel, Word and Power Point.
* Knowledge and understanding of building regulations.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to interact and manage various stakeholders- Consultants, Contractors, Airport Authority, Local Authority, Customs, Security, Head Office, Internal departments, etc.
* Significant experience in Cost and Quality control.
* Strong background in preparation of and documentation.
* Proven presentation skills
What you get in return
* Excellent working environment
* A very competitive package is on offer for the right candidate
* Structured learning environment with support and mentoring
* Career Progression as you gain experience with the company and achieve agreed targets
* Salary DOE €50K to €55K, potentially higher for more experienced candidates
If you are interested in this role, Please click apply or contact Michael on 01 707 1012 today
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here. https://www.buildstaff.ie/privacy-policy/
|Apply using your CV:|