Project Manager - Dublin
Our client is a construction consultancy firm based in Dublin. They are seeking a Client facing, highly motivated individual with between 5-10 years experience in the role of Senior Project Manager or Project Manager within a professional practice environment, to join our rapidly expanding Project Management team in Dublin.
You will be working within a well-established team providing management support on a variety of building projects, predominantly base build commercial office and residential developments. Particular requirements include recent experience of high specification Public Sector and Commercial Office projects. The current workload is exciting and you will be involved at all stages of a number of high value projects. This is a great opportunity to gain experience of the property/construction marketplace and to work on some highly prestigious projects.
Senior Project Manager / Project Manager - Consultancy
- To supervise and control all activities of the project and ensure execution of the project to meet the Client’s Objectives.
- Responsible for establishing the PEP, as well as on-going revisions to meet the project objectives.
- Focus on consultant resource procurement and deployment within a public and private sector framework.
- Prepare Development Budgets based on inputs received from the Project Team, and secure approval of the Client.
- Act as the Client’s Representative, protecting the Client’s interest at all times, under various procurement and contracting strategies.
- Manage and coordinate the delivery of the project in the most efficient and safe manner, in compliance with the Firm’s business and project management procedures.
- Ensure successful completion of the project, within the budgeted cost and take appropriate measures via VM/VE during the various stages of the project cycle.
- Ensures all elements of the project operate in a seamless mode in order to fulfil all contractual commitments towards client.
- Deal with the Client in a manner that enhances client trust in the Firm.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on progress, cost and expenses of the project to take appropriate and timely action(s) to prevent project and operational failures.
- Strive to identify and mitigate bottlenecks in the development of the design and construction process, and implement mitigating strategies.
- Ensures that actual cost expenditures are within the parameters of the Development Budget and for any unbudgeted expenditure seeks prior approval from the Client.
- Regularly issue monthly progress reports.
- Deal with the forecast cost and/or time overruns, such overruns either don't materialise or are mitigated to an acceptable level.
- Ensure the effective achievement of project objectives through leadership, setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal, in order to maximize the performance of his subordinates and the site team.
- Close-Out the project from view point of practical completion, post-occupation, final account, Safety File documentation and DLP compliance.
- Excellent Time Management
- Effective Leader with ability to be Team Player
- Excellent Written and Spoken Communicator
- Competent and Consistent Planner (MS Project and/or PowerProject)
- Reasoned Problem Solver
- Good Negotiator and Influencer
- Can Establish and Manage Budgets
- Effective Risk Manager
- Project Management
- Procurement Management
- Public Procurement - beneficial
- Problem Identification and Solving
- Microsoft Office Word/Excel
- Degree or higher in Project Management / Construction Management
- Member of Association of Project Management or similar
Please send your CV to Aoife at email@example.com or call us on 01-4569899 for a confidential conversation.