Project Manager (Light rail)
Toronto & Montreal
$Neg + Package
Our client is a global contractor who undertakes large infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, Metros, high-speed transit etc.
They have recently won a large light rail project which is due for completion in 2022, consisting of 65km of rail network.
The Segment Project Manager leads, direct, and exercises functional authority over all aspects of construction projects including planning, organizing, budgeting, and cost reporting; ensures that the goals and objectives of each project are accomplished on schedule and within budget, and that quality and safety standards are met; directs staff in successfully accomplishing goals and objectives.
Job Purpose/ Responsibilities
- Reviews project contractual documents to gain an understanding of the project requirements (time frame, budget, safety, quality, staffing, materials and equipment requirements, necessary to complete the project within the required time frame.
- Develops and execution plan that outlines staffing, materials, equipment, subcontracting, and other services that are necessary to deliver the project on time and within budget.
- Coordinates with department managers to establish work plans and staffing for the segment of the project.
- Organizes and conducts meetings with projects staff and management to communicate information related to each function’s needed concerning project requirements.
- Develops and manages customer relationship and expectations, progress reports, communication, paperwork, meetings, etc.
- Leads project activities to ensure that the project is executed in accordance with the designs, budgets and schedules; takes appropriate action to minimize the impact of deviations.
- Monitors and oversees the efficient use of materials and equipment and the contractual performance of the project; confers with project staff to ensure the assigned duties and responsibilities are performed per agreed upon expectation.
- Monitors and oversees onsite activities, quality, productivity, progress, and safety of employees and subcontractors.
- Oversees financial aspects of contracts.
- Provided technical assistance and recommends construction methods and equipment.
- Anticipates potential roadblocks and develops solutions to prevent issue from arising; resolves any problems that may arise during project execution.
- Implements and monitors safety programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 10 year experience working with major contractor.
- Demonstrated experience applying knowledge of project accounting, project controls (cost, schedule, change management, etc.), materials management, contract management, subcontract management, safety and quality. Track records of successfully planning and executing projects on schedule and within budget.
- Ability to apply, interpret and understand contract law and language.
- Excellent technical, communication, organizational, managerial and planning skills.
- Excellent people and leadership skills.
- Computer literate.
- English and/or French
To register your interest please send CV in Word to email@example.com or call +353 (0)1 632 1200 for more.