Job detail view & apply
Hoban House, Haddington Road,
Tel: 00-353-1-661 4711
Project Manager (M&E) - Netherlands
Entered: 19 Jan 2018
| Since 1974 Linesight has provided professional consultancy services, management support and strategic advice to the global construction industry. From initial concept to project completion, we have been helping clients to build their business. We have developed long-lasting relationships with some of the biggest companies in the world, earning a reputation as a leader in our field.
Our organization is structured into a series of specialist service teams, each committed to helping our clients successfully achieve their objectives. We have deep domain knowledge and experience spanning a multitude of sectors including Commercial, Data Centers, Life Sciences, Healthcare, High-Tech Industrial, Hospitality, Education, Residential and Retail.
With staff located across Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the USA, our reach is truly global. Our permanent and long-established presence in these areas allows us to develop strategic partnerships, access local resources, formulate the most up-to-date market insights, and gain deep knowledge of each territory.
We are currently providing an array of Project Management services for a high profile client in the Data Center sector and require a Project Manager (M&E Equipment) who is driven to deliver a high level of service to our client in a role that can be based on-site in the Netherlands.
The Project Manager (M&E) will be part of a client team but will have a particular focus for the interface between equipment vendors and the other parties on the project. i.e. AE, GC and their installation sub-contractors, commissioning agents etc. They will work with the client’s procurement team throughout the following phases to support the team during the tendering, manufacturing, factory witness testing, delivery, installation and commissioning of a range of client supplied equipment packages for a major Data Center project. The typical equipment involved in data center construction are generators, MV Switchgear, LV Switchgear. BAS, EPMS, AHUs, UPS). The Project Manager (M&E Equipment) will report to the Senior Project Manager for the project supporting the strategic and tactical delivery of the Data Center project.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Liaise between the project specific Senior Project Manager, the General Contractor Package Managers, the Architect Engineer as well as the various equipment vendor project managers
• Ensure coordination between packages occurs under the guidance of the GC
• Ensure regular meetings and communication happen between all parties
• Ensure the GC Package Managers provide all required information to the vendors on a weekly basis
• Ensure the vendors supply all necessary information and submittals, not least resource loaded schedules for the installation and commission of their equipment to match the overall project
• In collaboration with the GC and client procurement teams, expedite and perceive delays with package delivery
• Ensure factory witness tests are supported as required by the client, that the vendor and the GC have prepared for these tests and that the GC reports upon the tests
• Ensure follow up on actions arising from the tests are closed and any remedial works required before delivery to site schedule
• Keep an accurate log of delays to schedule delivery
• Liaise with the vendors on site and monitor their performance in terms of schedule and quality during the installation phase
• Manage the change control process relating to any changes required of the vendors packages
• Liaise with vendors, CXA, GC and Client staff to resolve and close any issues arising during the commissioning phase, which will be led by the CXA.
Desired Experience and Education:
• 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
• Experience working on large data center projects
• Experience working with integrated project delivery teams on design bid build delivery
• Excellent IT skills
• Excellent communications skills
• Client facing ability
Application handled on employer's site