Job detail view & apply
|Linesight (Formerly Bruce Shaw)
Hoban House, Haddington Road,
Tel: 00-353-1-661 4711
Project Manager - Middle East
|Location: Middle East
Entered: 29 Mar 2017
|Since 1974 Linesight has provided professional consultancy services, management support and strategic advice to the global construction industry. From initial concept to project completion, we have been helping clients to build their business. We have developed long-lasting relationships with some of the biggest companies in the world, earning a reputation as a leader in our field.
Our organization is structured into a series of specialist service teams, each committed to helping our clients successfully achieve their objectives. We have deep domain knowledge and experience spanning a multitude of sectors including Commercial, Data Centers, Life Sciences, Healthcare, High-Tech Industrial, Hospitality, Education, Residential and Retail.
With staff located across Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the USA, our reach is truly global. Our permanent and long-established presence in these areas allows us to develop strategic partnerships, access local resources, formulate the most up-to-date market insights, and gain deep knowledge of each territory.
Role and Responsibilities:
Typical work activities to be performed for this project include:
• The Project Manager (PM) will work closely with the Senior Project Manager (SPM) in developing a strategy for achieving the client brief and ensuring the design team achieve the standards and objectives as per the brief in a timely manner as set out in the project brief. Duties during the design stages shall include the following activities:
• Assist in developing program for the project
• Attend progress meetings with the client / design team meetings / client stakeholder and interface meetings as necessary
• Review and challenge all submittals at each design phase and ensure that they are achieving their deliverables as per the client brief
Assist SPM in the following:
• Building permits process with local municipality
• Preparing progress reports in a timely manner
• Seek and identify value engineering possibilities
• Manage the tender bidding and tender clarification
• Tender evaluation process and sign off final evaluation report for the approval /sign off client management
• Negotiations with the contractors contract sums
• Method statement and program
• Update the overall master project program
• Filing systems to be well organized and accessible
The PM will work closely with the SPM to develop a strategy for the construction phase. The role during the Construction Phase will principally be that of monitoring the performance of the general contractor’s and the progress of the works up to final handover.
The PM will support the SPM in the following activities:
• Ensuring that all the correct contract documents are prepared and issued to the contractor
• Arrange with client’s internal administration department and local consultants to ensure that the handover of the site to the contractor
• Ensuring that the correct procedures are in place and being followed
• Ensuring that site meetings are held and documented by the consultant
• Develop construction the cash flow plan and monitoring it
• Develop a project performance plan and monitoring it
• Constantly review and update the master programme for the project
• Ensuring that the Health and Safety file is being maintained
• Ensuring that design information required by the contractor in being supplied efficiently by the consultants
• Establishing control systems for cost, time and quality
• Ensuring that site inspections are taking place
• Preparation and presentation of detailed project reports and executive reports for senior management and stakeholders
• Managing the introduction of unforeseen variations changes
• Ensuring that the contractor has instigated a risk management system
• Working with the contracts team to ensure that the final accounts for each project are agreed in a timely manner
• Managing handover process to client FM team
• Liaise with Operations and Facilities Management
• Ensure filing systems to be well organized and accessible
Desired Experience and Education:
BSc Degree in Architecture, MEP Engineering
• Minimum of 5-10 years’ post-graduation experience
• Member of a professional body is a distinct advantage.
• Must have experience in roll of major Industrial projects
• Computer literate and good knowledge of Programming.
• Must present excellent communication and presentation skills and an ability to communicate with Multiple Stakeholders.
• Must have a good knowledge regards to project execution tools, material and technical resources, project QC & QA supervision as per ISO standards.
• Computer software literacy such as MS Office (Word, Excel) and have a knowledge of MS Office Project & Primavera for monitoring schedule
Application handled on employer's site