Assistant Purchasing Manager (leading to Manager position)
North Dublin (just minutes from M1/M50)
Salary: €Neg + car + bonus + pension etc
Our client is one of the larger Tier 1 main contractors, with some individual current projects to the value of €115m. The intention is that this candidate will take over the company's Senior Purchasing Manager position in the next 2 / 3 years, so please note that although it is technically an assistant position, it would require someone with strong construction experience.
Role and responsibilities:
In conjunction with the Purchasing & Plant Manager the appointee will be responsible for:
- Ensure that the Company’s best interests are protected in all procurement activities.
- Sourcing of materials, plant, equipment and services and managing vendors including negotiating pricing contracts with each material supplier.
- Manage material supplier contracts (SLA’s) that achieve cost, delivery, quality and service targets as required by the business. Meet suppliers as necessary.
- Ensure that all materials are in compliance with specifications, health and safety legislation, building regulations and environmental standards.
- Research and identification of new materials & suppliers for design and cost savings and develop and implement purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
- Ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of supply and delivery times.
- Forecast upcoming demand, monitor pricing trends and advise and report to the management team as appropriate.
- Maintain procurement files and purchase agreements to an auditable standard.
- Liaise with Estimating Department personnel in providing up to date materials suppliers costs information.
- Assist Accounts Department in settling invoice disputes
- Day to day interface with site management to service site requirements and needs.
- Liaise and work with Plant Yard Supervisor regarding site plant, equipment and transport requirements.
- Issuing of Plant and Purchasing reports to Directors and Contracts Managers.
- Issuing of Purchase and Plant orders to suppliers and plant hire companies.
- Upkeep and maintenance of Head Office building and M&E services.
- Oversee, monitor and report on Company mobile phone usage and costs.
- Maintain records of the Company’s plant, engineering and surveying equipment stock; including calibrations, services, monitoring due dates, etc.
- Proven purchasing experience in construction, preferably with a Plant background. Non construction procurement candidates will not be considered for the position.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate with suppliers.
- Strong commercial, negotiation and problem solving skills; experience in handling transactions with little supervision.
- Relevant third level qualifications, IIPMM advantageous.
If interested in the position, please forward your Cv in Word format to email@example.com or call Clive at 01 6321200