Quality Control Manager
Our client is eagerly seeking a Quality control manager to join their growing team.
The Control Manager will be responsible for managing and performing the daily quality control responsibilities of specific projects to ensure the projects are constructed in accordance with the established minimum standards.
The Quality Control Manager role includes direct oversight and review of the entire documentation and physical inspection phase of the work flow process and working with other in-house personnel (Project Managers, Contracts Managers etc.) and with external personnel to produce and document a quality product. The Quality Control Manager reports directly to the COO.
It is the role of the Quality Control Manager to perform all of the major quality control activities required to construct the project at hand and to provide in a timely manner the written documentation described in each project’s specific contract documents as follows:
- Create, update and maintain the project submittal log and all other project specific quality control reports
- Review drawings and submittals for conformance with project specifications by direct review and by leveraging the knowledge and experience of others in the project team when necessary
- Chair and document weekly quality control meetings with the Contracts Managers and provide written minutes as described in project specific contract documents
- Provide written daily quality control reports that reinforce activities that are being constructed in conformance with each specific projects established standard and constructively confront non-conformance to produce the desired outcome in a timely manner
- Conduct preparatory, initial and follow up meetings to establish an understanding of the standards of care desired for each definable feature of work. Verify that checklists are being used and signed off prior to the placement of concrete, steel and other similar items
- Verify and document that all materials received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal, are handled and stored appropriately and are acceptable for use on the project
- Conduct preconstruction meetings with new and existing subcontractors and the Contracts Managers at least two days prior to the start of each new phase of the work to discuss issues that affect quality. Document these meetings in the daily quality control report and preparatory phase report
- Schedule and document the results of, and maintain a log of all code and independent inspections that are required. Clearly document , correct and re-inspect all non- conformances prior to covering up work
- Conduct periodic follow up inspections to verify that work is proceeding with the contract documents and the approved submittals
- Coordinate and document the testing and commissioning of building systems
- Document final inspections, certificates of occupancy and acceptance of the works and various phases thereof
- Maintain the project “as build” drawings on a daily basis
- Assemble and forward project closeout documents that include O&M manuals, as-build’s and warranties
- Stop work if necessary to resolve matters that affect safety, quality and/or inhibit the logical progress of work
Please send your cv to Aoife at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-456 9899 for a confidential conversation.