|Quality Technician: ERL001
To support the Business with regard to conducting Quality and EHS investigations and process development. To support our customers’ needs through R&D, innovation, process excellence and audit activity.
- Previous experience in similar role
- Process orientated
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviour & Experience Required:
- Computer literate, including programmes bespoke to the business
- Capable of producing reports for submission to trade and customer expectations
- Self-motivated, working on own initiative, and as part of a team
- Authorised to use chainsaws and associated tools relevant to timber investigation process
- Full understanding of business Risk Assessments and safe Systems of Work
- Good understanding of current Health & Safety legislation and Saint-Gobain procedures
- Previous experience of timber manufacture and treatment processes desirable.
- Good communication and presentation skills, professional approach
- Ability to work with detailed technical drawings in conjunction with company documents
- Demonstrates a positive attitude to manage change
- Organise daily schedule, work to deadlines maintaining quality and authentic report submission
- Any task within your scope of experience and competence considered necessary by your manager
- Experience of working with hand tools, both electrical, petrol powered and pneumatic
- Key Results Areas:
- Accurately investigate, document, and report timely on non-conformance.
- Deliver positive improvement to fault analysis, its processes, and procedures.
- Review and recommend developments to customer product specifications.
- Analyse in-process samples, document trends, manage archive disciplines.
- Audit and monitor process quality testing, reporting any perceived failure in timely manner.
- Maintain focus on targets to service customer demands and safely meet deadlines.
- Collate and archive process samples and documents in chronological order.
- Maintain both company and legislative quality standards.
- Maintain effective communication links within whole business structure.
- Complete any relevant training activity for core skills, own role and multi-skilling.
- Identify opportunities to improve testing equipment and procedures to strengthen results accuracy.
- Demonstrate and promote flexibility and team-working in order to improve efficiency, effectiveness and deliver results for the overall business.
- Will be required to work a reasonable amount of overtime as and when necessary
- Assist with the company stock takes when required.
- Ensure work equipment / machinery is maintained in line with daily / weekly / monthly / annual maintenance checklists.
- Ensure all areas of work & material storage are clean and tidy.
- Ensure safe working environment particularly in the laboratory area.
- Any other task within your scope of experience and competence as considered necessary by your manager
Safety and Health at Work Act 2005 (S.I.10) which places responsibilities on the employer and employees alike & the Safety Health & Welfare at Work Regulations 2007 (S.I. 299). In this connection, P.D.M reminds employees of their duties under Chapter 2 of the act: to take care for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions. Additionally, employees must also co-operate to enable it to discharge its own responsibilities successfully.
- Health & Safety & Environmental Responsibilities:
All employees are expected to:
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and to comply with safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice.
- If aware of any unsafe practice or condition, or if in any doubt about the safety of any situation, consult their Manager/Supervisor.
- Obtain and use the correct tools/equipment for the work and not to use any that are unsafe or damaged. All tools, equipment and personal protective equipment must be stored in the approved place after use.
- Ensure that all guards are securely fixed and that all safety equipment and personal protective clothing/equipment provided are used.
- Not to operate any plant or equipment unless authorised.
- To report any accident, near-miss, dangerous occurrence or dangerous condition.
- To switch off and secure unattended plant or equipment.
- To avoid improvised arrangements and suggest safe ways of eliminating hazards.
- Not to participate in horseplay or place fellow employees in danger by their actions.
- Key Relationships:
- Internal - Management Team, Colleagues
- External – Customers, Maintenance Personnel, Approved contractors & site visitors
For more information on this role call Cyril on 086 7371221
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your up to date CV to email@example.com with ‘Quality Technician ERL001’ in the subject line of your application.