|Our client a Specialist Company involved in the design and manufacturing of architectural cladding, etc..are seeking to hire an experienced Commercial Manager (Quantity Surveyor) responsible for the Planning, Coordination, Staffing and Control of the Surveying function within the Group.
- Report on the financial performance of contracts on a monthly basis using the existing cost control reporting system.
- Continually seek to improve our systems and procedures as they relate to the department.
- Embrace Lean Manufacturing technique.
- Prepare and review monthly cost reports for current projects.
- Liaise with Finance Director on cost overruns as they impact the budgeted mark-up on contracts.
- Review costs regularly with Project Managers and report on discrepancies.
- Review contractual arrangements between the group and contractors / clients.
- Prepare and submit interim payment applications for on-going projects.
- Prepare and submit change orders and variations to on-going projects.
- Negotiate and agree final accounts with Main Contractors / Clients.
- Where necessary, prepare extension of time claims and any other contractual claims.
- Ensure the accuracy of the monthly payment applications of the Surveying Department, including the supervision of the work of other QSs.
- Ensure that monthly payment applications are presented in a timely manner, since the timing of valuations has a critical impact on cashflow.
- Pre-tender and post-tender discussions with clients and professional teams
- Resolve contractual issues with Clients, Design Teams, Main Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Attend project meetings and identify potential variations and revenue-generating opportunities
- Assist Estimating with detailed measurements, take-offs and contractual matters, where necessary
Candidates suitable for this role must have an extensive CQS experience within similar Industry/Industries
Salary will commensurate with experience c120k plus benefits, etc..
Contact Sandra Brennan in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org