Our client are at the forefront of the Facade industry in Ireland, they are now seeking to appoint a Commercial Manager to assist in heading up new projects which have been won.
The role is based out of Swords, Dublin - with travel to sites across Ireland, occasionally the UK.
The Commercial Manager is responsible for the planning, coordination, staffing and control of the Surveying function
- Report on the financial performance of Contracts on a monthly basis using the existing cost control reporting system.
- Continually seek to improve our systems and procedures as they relate to your department.
- Embrace Lean Manufacturing technique as they apply to your area.
- Prepare and review monthly cost reports for current projects.
- Liaise with Finance Director on cost overruns as they impact the budgeted mark-up on contracts.
- Review costs regularly with Project Managers and report on discrepancies.
- Review contractual arrangements between the client and Main Contractors / Clients.
- Create an early warning system for problematic projects and report feedback to Estimating to close the loop.
- Prepare and submit interim payment applications for on-going projects.
- Prepare and submit change orders and variations to on-going projects.
- Attend site to review progress and agree monthly valuations with Main Contractor Quantity Surveyors.
- Negotiate and agree final accounts with Main Contractors / Clients.
- Where necessary, prepare extension of time claims and any other contractual claims.
- Ensure the accuracy of the monthly payment applications of the Surveying Department, including the supervision of the work of other QS's.
- Ensure that monthly payment applications are presented in a timely manner, since the timing of valuations has a critical impact on cashflow.
- Be responsible for the output of the Surveying department.
- In co-operation with the Contracts Manager appoint installation sub-contractors and other key sub-contractors.
- Assess sub-contractor payment applications and certify payments, and when not personally certifying work, supervising the work of others.
- Pre-tender and post-tender discussions with clients and professional teams
- Resolve contractual issues with Clients, Design Teams, Main Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Attend project meetings and identify potential variations and revenue-generating opportunities
- Assist Estimating with detailed measurements, take-offs and contractual matters, where necessary
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE