Our client is currently looking to recruit a Commercial Mechanical Quantity Surveyor on permanent basis with immediate start.
- Tendering on all Projects that we have the opportunity to quote for.
- Negotiate on these Tenders and actively seek to obtain the contract.
- Sourcing New Projects to Tender for in the Commercial, Industrial and Residential Sectors.
- Sourcing & Procurement of all Main Plant requirements.
- Project Management to include all aspects of the contract (Labour, Material, Sub Contractors and all relevant requirements to legal completion of the contract)
- Sourcing & Approval of Sub Contractors as required. Agreement of Payment terms with same.
- Evaluating Completed work by Sub contractors in terms of quality and passing for payment. This will involve test certificates and visual checks.
- Dealing on site with Employees and Sub Contractors in terms of quality control, adherence to work schedules, progress reports and all health and safety aspects.
- Ongoing evaluation of work in progress in order to establish monthly interim invoice values. Preparing & managing all claims made on employers and main contractors.
- Ongoing measurement of material and labour costs against tender prices.
- Production of all relevant governance documentation. e.g.: Pre Qual requirements, O&M Manuals etc.
- Agreement of Final Accounts and Extras with Developer / Employer when Project is complete.
- Agreeing retention amounts and timeframe for payment of same.
- Attendance at on site meetings when required.
- Review of Health & Safety Procedures, updating of same and recommending Staff Training where and when required.
- Liaison with Purchasing and Accounts Departments in terms of internal day to day procedures.
- Involvement in ad hoc matters which impact on the development and efficient operation of the Company.
- Reporting to the Managing Director.
- Third-level qualification
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Have a good analytical mind and background
- Ability to work within a team
Please send your cv to Clodagh at email@example.com or call 01-456 9899 for a confidential conversation.