|My client, a leading Telecommunications company in the Irish market, is currently recruiting a Lead Quantity Surveyor, based in Dublin.
- Managing the commercial phases of the project, including tendering, cost management, contractor performance assessment, and procurement.
- Partner with other departments to achieve optimum outcomes on commercial negotiations.
- Provide input back into LLD review to ensure that they meet cost targets.
- Oversee and develop cost strategy for effective management, delivery and reporting throughout all phases of a project.
- Ensure that contractor payment process operates smoothly and that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Manage and develop the QS team, ensuring workload is covered effectively across regions.
- Support the ongoing development of commercial strength within the build team.
- The role will encompass close liaison with other functions within the Technical & Procurement groups.
Qualifications and Skills:
Should you have the required background and skills required for this role, please contact Sarah Doyle for further information on email@example.com or call 01 661 0444.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Achieved Chartered qualification.
- Full, clean Drivers licence and access to a car is essential.
- Self-motivation and ability to project-manage own work and coordinate those working with him/her.
- Knowledge of the administration of main conditions of contract.
- Team player.
- Proven track record of delivery of projects on time and to the highest professional standards.
- Decisive, with strong judgement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility which is important in all aspects of the role, including travel nationally.
- Strong report writing capability.
- Experience in the use of IT software packages to investigate project costings and assess Framework Schedule of rates is important
- Experience in Electrical Engineering or Infrastructure build projects would be advantageous.
Please submit your CV in Microsoft Word format.