|Managing Quantity Surveyor
Vacancy Ref. 01431
Our client, a specialist contractor, with interests in Ireland currently require a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager to administer the QS department and manage the junior and intermediate surveying team.
- Development of commercial reporting, administration, communication and ERP processes to industry best practices and the business needs currently and, in the future,
- Based in the head office you will report to the Director / MD and have responsibility for a number of projects locally and nationally.
- Projects are typically commercial, pharmaceutical, retail, industrial and project values range from €10m to €50m.
- The ideal candidate will hold a degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics have between 7 and 10 years’ experience, a minimum of 3 to have been at Senior level.
- Provide advice on contractual claims – analysing outcomes and forecast and report as required.
- Use the company’s financial systems to the benefit of the business to ensure accurate cost reporting.
- Always act in a manner fitting to the business and uphold the company’s standards internally and externally at all times.
- Assist the Commercial Director in the preparation of monthly commercial reports.
- Assist the Estimation department from time to time on the preparation of estimates if required.
- Development in conjunction with the commercial director best in class contract documentation for use with suppliers and subcontractors.
- You will have the ability to work on your own initiative, have an excellent knowledge of the industry, be motivated and a good team player.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are essential for this role.
- You will be responsible for and have experience taking contracts from subcontract procurement through to final accounts.
- You will attend site progress and cost meetings and liaising with client / design team & subcontractors.
- Working closely with Project Managers to ensure projects are completed on time & to budget.
- You will ensure accurate & timely contract administration / managing & minimising risk from contracts.
- Assisting in directing the surveying team in the day-to-day operations of the business.
- Degree qualification in quantity surveying.
- Pharmaceutical / Process exposure experience advantageous.
Please contact Ian Murphy on 085 866 6878 or 021 206 6078 or send your cv in confidence to email@example.com