Job detail view & apply
|Linesight (Formerly Bruce Shaw)
Hoban House, Haddington Road,
Tel: 00-353-1-661 4711
Project Cost Manager
Entered: 24 Mar 2017
|Since 1974 Linesight has provided professional consultancy services, management support and strategic advice to the global construction industry. From initial concept to project completion, we have been helping clients to build their business. We have developed long-lasting relationships with some of the biggest companies in the world, earning a reputation as a leader in our field.
Our organisation is structured into a series of specialist service teams, each committed to helping our clients successfully achieve their objectives. We have deep domain knowledge and experience spanning a multitude of sectors including Commercial, Data Centers, Life Sciences, Healthcare, High-Tech Industrial, Hospitality, Education, Residential and Retail.
With staff located across Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the USA, our reach is truly global. Our permanent and long-established presence in these areas allows us to develop strategic partnerships, access local resources, formulate the most up-to-date market insights, and gain deep knowledge of each territory.
The Project Cost Manager will manage the cost elements of various projects from initial concept to final account settlement. The projects involved on may include hotels, data centres, retail outlets, office fit-outs, health care, leisure, light industrial etc. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to optimise projects costs, implement value engineering, and ensure value for money whilst still achieving and delivering the highest standards and quality.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of estimates and cost plans for variety of commercial and residential developments using CostX Software
• Preparation of standard documentation – reports, valuations, letters, financial reports
• Preparation of tender documents as required by procurement choice
• Analysis of tenders and preparing tender reports at all stages of procurement
• Prepare valuations and Cost Reports; re-measure as necessary and adjust variations
• Assist in the settlement of construction disputes/loss and expense claims
• Prepare and agree final accounts
• Other duties as may reasonably be required for a Project Cost Manager
Desired Experience and Education:
• 2-5 years post graduate experience
• Excellent IT skills
• CostX experience – desirable
• Excellent communication skills
• The ideal candidate will be results driven, self-motivated and resourceful with excellent client relationship skills
• Chartered – desirable
• BSc essential in a construction related discipline
Application handled on employer's site