Job detail view & apply
Hoban House, Haddington Road,
Tel: 00-353-1-661 4711
Senior Quantity Surveyor - London
Entered: 24 Mar 2018
|Since 1974 Linesight has provided professional consultancy services, management support and strategic advice to the global construction industry. From initial concept to project completion, we have been helping clients to build their business. We have developed long-lasting relationships with some of the biggest companies in the world, earning a reputation as a leader in our field.
Our organisation is structured into a series of specialist service teams, each committed to helping our clients successfully achieve their objectives. We have deep domain knowledge and experience spanning a multitude of sectors including Commercial, Data Centres, Life Sciences, Healthcare, High-Tech Industrial, Hospitality, Education, Residential and Retail.
We have two offices in the UK in London and Manchester and we also have staff located across Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the USA, so our reach is truly global. Our long-established presence in London allows us to develop strategic partnerships, access local resources, formulate the most up-to-date market insights, and gain deep knowledge of the London Market.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be based in our London office in the west end and manage the cost elements of various projects from initial concept to final account settlement. Projects may include Commercial Office, Hotels, Residential, Data centres etc. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to optimise projects costs, implement value engineering, and ensure value for money whilst still achieving and delivering the highest standards and quality.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of estimates and cost plans for variety of developments using CostX Software
• Preparation of standard documentation – reports, valuations, letters, financial reports
• Preparation of tender documents as required by procurement strategy
• Analysis of tenders and preparing tender reports at all stages of procurement
• Prepare valuations and Cost Reports; and adjust variations
• Assist in the settlement of construction disputes/loss and expense claims
• Prepare and agree final accounts
• Other duties as may reasonably be required for a Senior Quantity Surveyor
• Managing a team of 2 to 3 Quantity Surveyors
Desired Experience and Education:
• 7+ years’ experience
• Business Development
• Excellent IT skills
• CostX experience – advantage
• Firm understanding of UK forms of contract.
• Excellent communication skills
• The ideal candidate will be results driven, self-motivated and resourceful with excellent client relationship skills
• RICS Qualified
• BSc essential in a construction related discipline
Application handled on employer's site