What is required?
At BSS we are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join one of our client’s Major Projects Team.
- Understand and implement the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSA procedures, work instructions and the Business Management System
- In conjunction with the relevant Project Management/team member, be accountable for the profitability of the project(s) and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project(s) to ensure delivery of required margins, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
- Manage the cashflow and commercial risk on allocated projects
- Liaise with the client, client representatives and other 3rd parties on commercial issues, including the agreement of additional monies
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system, ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed
- Be accountable for the activities of any directly reporting quantity surveying staff, including mentoring junior members of the team and provide advice and guidance to other members of the team and to Operation Managers, as required
- Assist procurement in the preparation and issue of ITT’s, subcontract documentation, enquiries, other documentation and negotiations
- Ensure that sub-contractor’s accounts are managed strictly in accordance with their terms and conditions
What you need to have?
- Have a degree in Quantity Surveying
- Hold membership of a relevant professional body, such as SCSI/RICS, desirable but not essential
- Have substantial previous experience in quantity surveying within a relevant business environment
- Have the ability to operate successfully in a commercial environment and previous experience of managing project commercial performance
- Have sound working knowledge of construction and contract law
- Have detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
- Be a good decision maker who copes well under pressure
What you get in return?
- A wide variety of experience
- Permanent Full-time role
- Career progression within a structured team environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Great place to work
If you would like to know more, give Michael O’Hara call on 017071012 to discuss in complete confidence.