Brightpath Recruitment have an opportunity for a Production Supervisor for a maternity leave cover to join a team of experts in the design, development, manufacturing, and assembly of complex medical devices and components. There is a possibility that this role may go permanent.
This company creates technologies that can save or enhance people’s lives. They have been in business for over 35 years and because they are creating components or devices that will be used to save or enhance a person’s life, there is a commitment to achieving the highest standards of quality in everything they do.
They are a people-driven company and as such, empower all employees to develop new and better ways of working and to keep growing, personally and professionally. The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of Process Assurance Operators working within a culture of continuous improvement to achieve the production schedule and deliver on key performance metrics
What you need to succeed:
- Deliver on the key performance metrics and strategic objectives for the relevant production area.
- Manage resources to deliver on the production and shipping schedules which effectively achieves output, sales and customer service targets
- Ensure all aspects of work order packages and documentation are accurately reviewed in addition to time sheets and material reconciliations and are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain effective open communication within the team and foster cross- functional relationships
- Build a motivated, competent and results focused team and work with other departments to develop, train and up skill the team.
- Promote a positive approach to Quality amongst employees, while fostering an approach to Continuous improvement /6 Sigma practices.
- Facilitate investigation, trouble shooting and reporting on system failures, product defects and customer complaints
- Ensure that products manufactured by the team meet the requirements of end users, customers, regulatory authorities and the company.
- Ensure that manufacturing equipment and processes are documented
- Support new product introductions and change procedures working in conjunction with QA and Technical Departments.
- Manage and ensure compliance to quality and safety systems
- Actively promote and participate in work centre improvement groups, to improve quality, reduce costs, eliminate waste and improve working methods, conditions and communications.
- Science or Engineering Degree in Polymer, Manufacturing, Science, Quality, Mechanical engineering.
- A specialist course in production supervision or human resource management is preferable.
- Medical device/pharmaceutical and/or diagnostics manufacturing experience would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent leadership and motivational skills