Vacancy Ref. 01098
The Transport Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the planning, organising, of the transport and logistics function, on a day to day basis, in a very busy and demanding environment.
- Organise the weekly roster for Drivers in advance
- Effectively communicate full logistics plan to each of the driving team.
- Review & monitor drivers hours and compliance including downloading of tachograph and become super user of Transtacho & Easytac.
- Ensuring all driving licence are up to date including agreeing their CPC annual training requirement.
- Co-ordinate with drivers on the collections and delivery schedule on a weekly and daily basis.
- Ensuring all vehicles are up to date with NCT and ensuring any vehicles with defects are reported promptly.
- Assist in the organising of equipment to designated projects including hiring of Errors & Omissions Error as necessary – as previously agreed with management.
- Ensure a weekly vehicle check is completed including hired vehicles.
- Working closely with the logistics and loading team, prepare an agreed plan with all to ensure the timely loading and delivery of the product.
- Responsible for ensuring all extras such as lifters are recorded, delivered and collected as necessary.
- Timely pre-book and plan ferries
- Actively implement pre-despatch checks of all loads and trailers.
- CPC License is essential
- 3-4 years’ experience in transport/planning
- Experience working in a fast-paced distribution environment
- Highly organised analytical thinker with good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to multitask and meet deadlines under pressure
- Transport knowledge – legislation and operational
- Proficient in MS Office Package incl. Excel
Please contact Ian Murphy on 085 866 6878 or send your cv in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org