Logistics Manager - Ipswich
We are looking to appoint a Logistics Manager, for a project in East Anglia. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident and motivated with good communication skills and able to work independently as well as part of a team. The desired candidate should be able to demonstrate a pragmatic and proactive approach to problem-solving and an ability to liaise with site management and client's representatives as appropriate.
- Comply with Company Health & Safety, environment, security and quality guidelines and policies at all times
- Develop and implement project logistics plan.
- Identify project logistic requirements for construction.
- Develop risk assessment for Logistics.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses
- Communicate and manage the compliance with project haulage routes and related restrictions.
- Continuous monitoring of Haulage Risk Assessments.
- Carrying out Haulage Driver's induction and task briefing.
- HSE responsibility in relation to Haulage and Transport for the project.
- Interface with client's representative.
- Preparation of specific load plans.
- Attendance at logistic management meetings.
- Coordination of logistics with project schedule requirements.
- Reporting to client representative any issues, local, HSE, incidents.
- Ensure full compliance with H&S and Environment policies across the site and organise inspections as required
- Responsible for the coordination, delivery and removal of all materials on the project and ensure this is communicated through the supply chain
- Manage on-site logistics contractors, liaise with project stakeholders and act as main point of contact for emergency services, statutory services and local authorities
- Oversee site security, site access, road closures and relevant logistics paperwork.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or site emergencies
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays on site, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out
- Proven working experience as a logistics manager
- Record of successful logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage logistic suppliers and staff
- Proficient in standard logis