|Our client in Leitrim who are a company that offer product lifecycle management solutions to the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors are seeking a Toolmaker. This company supports the Product Lifecycle Programmes from initial idea to end to end by offering bespoke services coordinated through specialist company divisions.
What's On Offer
- Excellent salary and career progression opportunities
- Permanent position offering an opportunity to advance your career within the medical devices industry.
- The role of toolmaker / machine operator requires an experienced flexible and innovative person to work in a modern well equipped tool room.
- You will be required to machine manufacture fit and assemble moulds and fixtures to very tight tolerances as per engineering drawings and cad models supplied. You will be required to work on your own initiative unsupervised to hit project deadlines. You will be required to work with in-house designers and end customers to discuss any issues during project duration and follow up on any de-bug / modifications that may arise. You will be required to work in a team environment and share information
What you need to succeed:
- Qualification Requirements
- Recognised Toolmaking Qualification or Engineering Degree
- Skills required
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Good practical and technical skills
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Good IT skills i.e. Microsoft word/Excel/Project
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good concentration level
- Ability to create/draft reports.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in mould manufacture / injection moulding industry.
- Experience in manufacturing processes, operating machines such as: Surface grinding, edm, wire edm and cnc milling machines.
- Experience in moulding, cad/cam design and the use of cad packages such as solid edge/solid works would be an advantage.